- Tsavo East National Park is one of the oldest and largest parks in Kenya at 13,747 square kilometers. Opened in April of 1948, it is located near the village of Voi in the Taita District of Coast Province. The park can be accessed by four main gates, from Voi through the Voi gate, from Nairobi through the Manyani gate, from Mombasa through the Bachuma gate or from Malindi through the Sala gate. There are also several airstrips in the park that allow chartered light planes. It is considered one of the world’s biodiversity strongholds, and its popularity is mostly due to the vast amounts of the diverse wildlife that can be seen.
- Tsavo East National Park is one of the world’s largest game sanctuaries, providing undeveloped wilderness homes to vast numbers of animals. A comprehensive list of the animal types found Lions a few minutes after killing a buffalo near the Bachuma gate.
- In Tsavo East Park includes the aardwolf, yellow baboon, bat, cape buffalo, bushbaby, bushbuck, caracal, African wildcat, cheetah, African Civet, dik-dik, African hunting dog, African dormouse, Blue Duiker, bush duiker, red duiker, eland, African elephant, at-eared fox, greater galago, gazelle, large-spotted genet, small-spotted genet, gerenuk, giraffe, African hare, spring hare, Coke hartebeest, hunter hartebeest, East African hedgehog, spotted hyena, striped hyena, rock hyrax, tree hyrax, impala, black-backed jackal, side-striped jackal, klipspringer, Lesser Kudu, leopard, lion, banded mongoose, common zebra, and Grevy’s zebra.
- Other major attractions include Mudanda Rock, a 1.6 km inselberg of stratified rock that acts as a water catchment that supplies a natural dam below. Its 290 km length was formed by lava from Ol Doinyo Sabuk Mountain. Others include Lugard Falls which is actually a series of rapids on the Galana River and Aruba Dam which was built in 1952 across the Voi river.
Tsavo East National Park
- 02 nights accommodation
- Meals on Full Board
- 8 seater luxury Tour Van
- Services of a professional Tour Driver & Guide
- Pick up & drop off. (As per the agreed location)
- Refreshment during the Safari.
- Comprehensive game drives
- Park fees